Sunday 30 March 2014

Nirma skirt - Purchase Fabric - Flowy drapy

Did you all have a good mother's day today? I had a good one - My son who is nearing 5 wrote me a card - ok, that was from school :) and he brought me a bouquet of flowers. The best part was, now that he is starting to read words, he read happy mother's day on the bouquet and asked daddy to buy them for me at a local shopping center. Isn't that cute? :)

For full instructions to make a Nirma skirt please go to NIRMA SKIRT FREE PATTERN.

Ok, so after you have calculated the pattern pieces and have the basic supplies to make the nirma skirt, we can go ahead with the most fun bit. Fabric shopping. I can spend hours.:)

For this skirt I like to have a more flowy fabric with drape in it. In the fabric shop I just hold the fabric in my hands and if it folds in layers (thick or thin fabric is your choice as long as it creates those folds), I know it will suit the skirt pattern. I have done it with a very thick jeans type fabric as well - Nirma skirt for daughter. There is also a video embedded to see how it twirls.
How to choose fabric, how to test drape of fabric




-Preethi.

If you enjoyed reading this you can either like my facebook page to get all updates and more or you can opt to receive posts via email. Don't forget to activate your subscription though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...